Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Old Barns and Memories


I stand and gaze at an ancient barn 
of old and weathered wood
Leaning over hard toward the ground
Where once it stood
Straight and strong against nature's
Unyielding endless blast
And I can see it's once great strength
But those days have passed

The heavy weight of years is bearing
on its weathered frame. 
Time erodes it's strength
and nothing stays the same.
The days are blowing on it
a river of constant change.
Then one day you look and only
the memory remains.

I stand and look at long years
Which much too quickly pass
And memories that march by
Are all that last
Things all fade away 
With moth and rust
But memories remain until
We return to the dust.

(C) James L. Frady April 8, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment