Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Friday, March 17, 2017

A Sonnet For The Winter Snow


I watched the leaden clouds consume the peaks
And wrap their wraith-like arms around the hills
Then down the slopes the winter weather creeped
Until the valley was completely filled
The snowflakes came, at first so slow and weak
Drifting in the frigid air so cold and still
Then grew in strength and raced in snowy streaks
As the bitter wind arrived and brought its chill

The snow was hissing, falling through the trees
And I was huddled beneath their frozen boughs
The flakes were falling, blowing in the breeze
And melting on my red and stinging nose
I felt my tension melting in this peace
And let it flow out with the drifting snow

(C) James L Frady March 17, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment