Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Monday, February 1, 2016

A Memory

I am sitting in a cold and windy day

Looking at the bare and forlorn trees. 

And the brittle grass, all grey and dead

Stiffly shivering against the winter breeze. 

I think of you and then I feel a smile

Appear across my weathered face

Your memory takes me far away

To warmer days and to a different place

It seemed back then all the days were warm

And life was open, an endless road ahead

But time and circumstances led us apart

And one by one the roads were closed instead

Now you’re but a memory that brings

A smile to my face and warms my soul

Someone I once knew and remember still

A memory to cherish as I grow old.

 

James L. Frady ©  January 31, 2016

4 comments: