Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Coffee on a Frosty Morn

Coffee on a Frosty Morn.

It’s a Frosty morning,
It’s chilly outside.
First frost of the year
Came in last night.
My thermostat
Says it’s thirty-three
And I’m a believer.
It looks it to me.
But here inside
At the window I stand
Content and happy
With my coffee in hand
An old Navy cup
With a steamy dark brew
If you ain’t got any
I’m sorry for you.
If you were here
I’d happily share
But I’m here alone
And you’re way out there.
So I lift my cup
And give you a toast
I hope you have coffee
A dark hardy roast.
Winter is coming
And coffee is fine
To warm up your spirits
The way it does mine.


James L. Frady, October 18, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment