Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Mr. Spock Has Beamed Up.



I heard the news today, so sad
About a childhood friend I had
I left the crowd and hung my head
Because I heard that Spock was dead

We met daily, when I got home
And far across the stars we roamed
Logic was his life and way
That so many times had saved the day

Kirk, and I, and Mr. Spock
Explored new worlds at five o’clock
We took an hour to overcome
What some enemy had gone and done

And along the way we learned to live
What to hold to and what to give
And before each episode could end
We remembered the power of having friends

"Live long and prosper", Spock would say
And we departed until another day
At warp factor six through the starry skies
Across the galaxy flew the Enterprise

I dream still of planets, far
And often look up to the stars
I wonder if man will ever go
I wonder if we’ll ever know

The magic of interstellar flight
Through the galaxy’s eternal night
With my friends I have often gone
But too soon we all depart alone

I heard the news today, so sad
About a childhood friend I had
I must admit how I cried
The day they told me Nimoy died.

James Frady

© February 27, 2015