Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Another Ode to Coffee, (I Love That Stuff)

Coffee, oh coffee, thou warm and black-hearted drink
How I need thee in the morning, before my brain will start to think.
The gurgle from thy aged pot as water flows through your grounds
Is music for the morning, the sweetest of the early sounds
I like thee strong and black, and scalding boiling hot
I love the steam from a big old mug as I pour you from a pot
That first sip is careful, but your flavor is quite divine
I sip you slow and careful, and savor each drink so fine
Then as the cup begins to cool I drink you as from a fount
Because cold coffee is such a drag, in even a small amount.
When empty cup is sitting there, I'm no longer comatose
But I grab my mug and head for the pot...to get me another dose!

(c) James L. Frady
February 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment