Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Full Wolf Moon

Full Wolf Moon

Clouds cross the face of the Full Wolf Moon
In the deep of a winter’s night
Alone in the dark I stare at its face
And cast my eyes on its silvery light
Shadows, soft as a lullaby
Drift across the frozen ground.
Trees as black as the dark abyss
Stand silent all around.
A hollow breeze in the valley below
Moans through the forest sublime
Chilling my bones with fears unknown
From irrational ancient times
I drift in spirit through ages past
To ancestral tribal bands
Struggling through winters long and cold
Lean, and empty, on the frozen land
Wolves howling on moonlit nights
Starving and waiting outside
For someone to wander too far from the lodge
Or the remains of something that died.
Howls in the pale lunar glow
In the shadows of snow-laden trees
Wolves on the night of the Full Wolf Moon
Stalking us through our memories.

(c) James Lee Frady 1/15/2014

2 comments: