Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Finding Peace


Finding Peace




What is Peace
  I thought to know
If I must find it
  where do I go?
Do I find it
  in Nature serene?
Or in the depths
  of the forest green?
Is peace a place
  yet to be found
Or in a quiet room
  with barely a sound?
Is there a mountain
  that I must climb?
That I may find it
  and make it mine?
Or in the blue
  of the ocean deep?
Or only in the night
  when I sleep?
I looked for peace
  in the midnight sky.
Beneath the stars
  so bright, so high.
I found that peace
  which can be seen,
Is not the only
  peace we need.
  


There has to be
  a peace with in.
That is where
  real peace begins.
Not from running
  from all care,
It must be God
  who puts it there.
Then true peace,
  we each can feel,
An inner peace,
  forever real.
Peace that soothes
  our heart and mind.
Peace that lasts us
  through all time.
Peace that gets us
  past deaths door,
To peace in heaven
  Forever more.

(c) James L. Frady 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment