Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Year in Nature


Winter
Give me a quiet lane, an old and seldom travelled road
Give me a quiet moment, and there I'll lose my load
Give me quiet footsteps, the crunch of new fallen snow
Give me the lonely forest, for it's there I long to go.

Spring
Take me to a green meadow, a carpet of soft grass
Take me where wild flowers bloom, and a cool breeze flows past
Take me to the mountains, with laurel and rhododendron blooms
Take me out to the wilderness to smell their sweet perfumes.

Summer
Show me the far Blue Mountains, misty, peaceful and still
Show me the shaded valleys, and let me drink my fill
Show me stranded beaches, surf and sand and wind
Show me the salty water and the sun upon my skin

Fall
Give me a dappled forest, with every shade and hue
Give me crisp cool mornings, and rest long overdue
Give me harvest apples, and a walk ‘neath the rustling boughs
Give me Frost and frost, as the chilly breezes blow.

A Year
Give me the year in bucolic glory
Take me where I see nature’s story
Show me the simple the basic and true
Give me freedom and nothing to do.

(c) James Lee Frady  1/31/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment