Along with stories, I have for most of my life, enjoyed writing poetry. Some ok, some bad, some terrible, and once in a long while, a winner. You be the judge, and please leave constructive feed back.

Friday, November 30, 2012

I Wonder Where My Brain Cells Went


I wonder where my brain cells went
When all my energy was spent
When all the work was almost done
And Someone said "are we having fun?"
Did they find some place to hide?
Or are they permanently fried?
Is my brain all shriveled up and dried?
In spite of all the coffee I tried?
Did one by one they all jump ship
Or burn out like a microchip
Did they think it would be hip
If from my head they should skip?
Not a one of them will think
As quickly into a coma I sink
And everything has faded pink
And all my brain cells have no link.
I think I'll end this silly rhyme
Since it's almost quitting time
And it really isn't worth a dime
I hope your day goes really fine

11/30/2012

Written at the end of a long night on third shift when my brain was getting slower by the minute.  I was trying to stay awake so I wrote this for my morning report.

No comments:

Post a Comment